Wolftrap Elementary School has served children in the Vienna community since 1968. The school has strong traditions and prides itself on offering children a safe, nurturing and challenging learning environment. Staff members engage in meaningful professional development to incorporate research-based instructional practices to support student learning and 21st century skills.
Parent volunteers support the instructional program in a variety of ways, ranging from helping teachers in the classrooms to coordinating school-wide events. Parents help enrich our strong academic focus with programs such as GRACE Art, cultural arts events, Strategies/STEAM Lab, and by coordinating a large before and after-school program. Staff members at Wolftrap work closely with one another and with parents to assure that students are receiving appropriate educational experiences. Students are challenged to go beyond the acquisition of information to the creation of new ideas and application of knowledge.
At Wolftrap, it is our vision to create innovators by inspiring collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking. In order to nurture innovators, we will employ best instructional practices in all settings to...
- Enhance the curriculum by crafting authentic learning opportunities to foster life-long learners. Incorporate technology to enhance critical thinking and creative communication.
- Encourage students to become creators and owners of their learning.
- Create positive learning experiences that encourage risk-taking, embrace and celebrate diversity, and challenge students through work and play.
- Value and celebrate our shared accomplishments as a professional learning community.
- Provide a safe learning environment where we support our students socially and emotionally as they become confident and caring members of the community.