Freedom Hill Elementary School has served the rapidly changing Tysons Corner area since 1949, successfully adapting to the dramatic changes in the community. At present, the student body represents over 30 nations and 30 different languages. We are committed to providing authentic opportunities for students to develop Portrait of a Graduate skills through a variety of instructional practices such as Problem-based Learning (PBL) and Blended Learning. Technology access has greatly increased in our classrooms (with the incredible support of our PTA and community) to enhance instruction through a 2:1 initiative, supporting our ability to differentiate for students. Our staff is committed to ongoing professional development as a collective responsibility. A Responsive Classroom school, we emphasize the importance of community in our classrooms by building and maintaining positive relationships with students and families.
Staff communicated their core beliefs to our community in 2015 that responded to these critical questions:
- How do you know the person next to you is a good teacher?
- How do you define success?
- As teachers, what are our responsibilities?
- What do all students need to succeed?
- What is the purpose of education?
- What do you hold as your core beliefs about our students and how they learn?
- Why did you become a teacher?
See the video
FHES on Twitter
Kindness is our Super Power!
Freedom to Dream
Freedom to Climb
Freedom to SOAR!
- Dream big
- Realize the person you can be
- Explore the world
- Act as if success is inevitable
- Maximize each moment
- Collaborate and communicate
- Love learning
- Believe in yourself