The mission of Greenbriar East Elementary School (GBE) is to create a safe, caring, nurturing and excellent academic environment to support students in achieving their full potential while inspiring lifelong learning. The GBE community strives to honor diversity through social, emotional, and cultural growth of our students. GBE provides a learning environment that stimulates the development of positive attitudes, promotes intellectual curiosity, fosters independent thinking and encourages academic achievement.
GBE affirms its commitment to create a community of learners by fostering a challenging, inclusive educational program incorporating technology while embodying an integrated curriculum to meet the individual and collective needs of all children. Our school programs reflect collaborative planning, remediation and enriched student programming.
The staff of GBE is committed to:
- Providing a safe, supportive environment in which students feel free to explore, question, learn and grow
- Collaborating with our students' families and the community in order to provide rich opportunities for cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth
- Providing opportunities to bring students, families and staff together to celebrate and learn from one another
Building Life Long Learners:
- Providing curriculum which encompasses communication and technology skills, problem solving, critical thinking and fosters creativity
- Creating an environment for our students, teachers and staff which embraces learning with attention to personal growth, integrity, responsibility, development and collaboration
- Maintaining a Professional Learning Community to promote excellence in teaching and community participation to ensure the successful education of our students in a global society.
- Encouraging continuing learning opportunities and professional development for our staff
- Assisting students in developing a positive self-concept and a desire to do his/her best by providing an atmosphere of warm acceptance
- Knowing that all children can learn when offered proper guidance and developmentally appropriate strategies.
GBE's staff members are themselves dedicated learners, actively participating in local, state, and national conferences, participating in on-site technology training and other in-services to stay on the cutting edge of educational and instructional research.
GBE mirrors the Greenbriar community's international population and has an extensive program for English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). GBE continues to focus on exemplary academic achievement, Character Education Program, and employs Positive Behavior Support system (PBS) ideals that promote harmonious relationships throughout the school.
GBE's active PTA supports the mission of the school and provides opportunities for parents to become involved in their child's education. Volunteers from the school community are visible in classrooms and workrooms throughout the school day. The PTA sponsors numerous activities and events such as cultural arts presentations, dances, fundraising activities, Fun Run and Fun Fair, Book Fairs, International Night and other events to bring the families of GBE together in community spirit. The cooperative effort of the school-home relationship creates a place where students grow and learn in a community that cares
Last Updated: 2019-02-01