White Oaks Elementary School is a positive learning community where we strive to provide a challenging and supportive environment so each child can develop academic knowledge and skills, self-discipline, compassion and respect for others, and individual and civic responsibility.
As a professional learning community we are committed to:
- Building trusting, respectful relationships that encourage collaboration
- Fostering open, ongoing communication with students, parents, and colleagues to help plan meaningful instruction
- Having regular professional discussions to analyze assessments and plan for student support and success
- Participating in meaningful professional development that fosters best instructional practices
- Using formative assessments to foster learning
Our belief as a school is that students learn best and thrive in a child centered environment. This belief is demonstrated through our commitment to:
- Differentiating instruction that capitalizes on student strengths, interests, and learning styles
- Actively engaging students in the learning process
- Encouraging students to use self-assessment and goal-setting
- Providing an environment that is safe and supportive
White Oaks has an involved and supportive parent community who are dedicated to the success of all students. The White Oaks PTA sponsors numerous family events, fund raisers, and instructional initiatives that support student learning. Parents are an important part of the instructional program, both inside and outside the classroom and across the grade levels. A strong emphasis on home-school partnerships assists in ensuring excellence for every student.