Cecilia Vanderhye Cecilia.Vanderhye@fcps.edu
Belvedere Elementary School is an IB World School - Primary Years Program. It is an exciting place where we help our students become internationally-minded thinkers, inquirers, and problem solvers. Located near the center of Fairfax County, it encompasses portions of Falls Church, Annandale, and Alexandria. Its boundaries support a diverse population representing 29 countries of origin and speaking 31 different languages in the home. These students participate in general education, advanced academics, special education, and English for speakers of other languages programs.
Belvedere Elementary school encourages school staff members and parents to work together to meet the individual needs of each child. Through differentiated instruction we strive to ensure that each child will meet the benchmark objectives for his or her grade level. Our goal is to create a positive atmosphere where both students and adults are enthusiastic about teaching and learning. We believe learning leads to action.
Belvedere staff collaborates continuously to identify student and program needs. As part of a professional learning community the staff:
Last Updated: 2019-02-01
- Collaborates to achieve common goals.
- Is committed to the academic success and general well-being of all students.
- Continually monitors each child's progress.
- Uses research to analyze best practices in teaching and in student learning.
- Uses testing data and common assessments to evaluate students' needs.
- Provides students with intervention and enrichment as needed.
- At Belvedere, our mission is to create a community of globally-minded, life-long learners who are prepared to face the challenges of a 21st century world. Our staff works collaboratively to engage students in challenging, real world opportunities. Through these opportunities, students will become innovative thinkers and problem solvers who value diversity. They will use their knowledge to take responsible action and in doing so, help create a better, more peaceful world.