It is the mission of Camelot Elementary School to encourage school staff members and parents to work together to meet the individual needs of each student. It is our expectation that each child will meet the benchmark objectives for his or her grade level. We will work to differentiate instruction in order to meet the needs of all of Camelot's children. Intervention and enrichment will be provided for all students as needed. It is also our goal that students learn from one another through our diverse cultures and that they value and respect all, including those who are different from themselves. We continually strive to create a positive atmosphere where both students and adults are enthusiastic about teaching and learning.
In order to achieve our mission, the staff at Camelot Elementary is working to function as a professional learning community. As part of a professional learning community the staff is working to:
- Work together as a team with common goals.
- Be committed to the academic success and general well being of all students.
- Continually monitor each child's progress.
- Use research to analyze best practices in teaching and in student learning.
- Use testing data and common assessments to evaluate students' needs.
- Involve the community and keep its members informed.
It is our goal to ensure that every child achieve to his or her highest potential. We are committed to meeting the educational and social-emotional needs of students, because that is key to preparing them for the challenges that lie ahead.
Last Updated: 2013-07-23