Weyanoke Elementary School is a stimulating and caring school community. The school motto, Weyanoke: A Community of Learners, demonstrates a commitment to growing and learning.
Students from numerous countries come together to give Weyanoke a rich international flavor. Weyanoke’s instructional program addresses the needs of a diverse community of learners and promotes high expectations for academic achievement. Teachers implement a wide range of instructional practices to accommodate students’ learning styles. Instruction is enhanced though technology.
Weyanoke’s staff members are committed to developing the total child. Students are encouraged to find special interests and talents. After school tutoring, mentoring, and enrichment programs extend learning opportunities for students. Student leadership experiences are provided through student council and safety patrols.
The mission of Weyanoke Elementary School is to embrace a partnership between parents, community, and school to provide a safe and nurturing “Community of Learners”. In light of this mission we commit to:
Last Updated: 2013-07-31
- Uphold high expectations for academic achievement.
- Deliver developmentally appropriate instruction.
- Heighten awareness of diversity and respect for individual differences.
- Equip students with essential academic, critical-thinking, and communication skills.
- Stimulate curiosity and creativity.
- Foster cooperation and respect.
- Promote parent-guardian involvement.
- Empower students to become productive citizens.