The year 1990 marked Poplar Tree Elementary School's opening in the rapidly expanding suburban community of Chantilly located in western Fairfax County. This year will mark the school's 25th Anniversary. The staff, students, and community share enormous PRIDE in the school's diversity, commitment to academic excellence, and expectations for success. Our mottoes, "What we believe, is what we achieve...so soar!" and "Believing, Achieving, and Soaring...!" set the tone for the school's culture and commitment to building a community of life-long learners.
Poplar Tree Elementary School will work as a team to meet the needs of each student, to foster high student achievement and to inspire a love of learning in a safe and caring environment.
We will continue to use the Responsive Classroom approach to support academic and social learning and model behavior that encourages students to become responsible learners and inspires responsible citizens who are R2ICH (respect, responsibility, integrity, caring, and honesty) with Character. An active PTA, parent volunteer program, and business partnership provide support to the caring and positive learning environment at Poplar Tree Elementary.
At Poplar Tree, we believe in:
- Cultivating a learning environment full of adventure, discovery, and exploration
- Treating everyone with respect and dignity
- Providing differentiated instruction to help each student achieve their highest potential
- Fostering a love of learning and developing life-long learners
- Providing a warm, safe, and caring environment
- Working as collaborative teams to provide a rigorous learning environment
- Building partnerships with families and the community
- Providing learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students
- Appreciating that each child is unique and special in his/her own way
"Teach, Engage, Inspire...EACH ONE!"
Last Updated: 2015-08-12