Last Updated: 2019-02-01
- Newly renovated (completed in 2014) building that includes a new library, playground, classrooms, music room, outdoor garden and pond
- Focus School for the Arts and Technology
- Partnership with the Kennedy Center - Changing Education Through the Arts (CETA) Program - School Demonstration Site
- Implements arts integration strategies across content areas
- School-wide implementation of Responsive Classroom developing a caring, respectful school community
- Advanced Academics Cluster Site Program for students in grades 3-6 (Level 4 services)
- Advanced Academic Services for school-based students grades K-6 (Level 3 services)
- K-6 Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program using three modalities - oral, cued speech, ASL
- Non-Categorical and Learning Disabilities Program for neighborhood students
- Vigorous Band, Strings, and Chorus Program
- Clubs and Programs sponsored by the school and PTA - Odyssey of the Mind, Chess Club, Girls on the Run, FLEX (Foreign Language - before school program), Jump Rope Club, Toastmasters (grade 6), School-wide Recycling Program, Math Olympiad, Continental Math, Geography Bee, Treblemakers (6th grade singing group), Art Club, and others.
- Teachers integrate the curriculum using instructional technology.
- Students have access to Smartboards, netbooks, iPads, and mobile labs (laptops) as well as document cameras.