Shelia Sobeski (Interim)[email protected]
Fairfax Villa Elementary is a very special place. Visitors consistently comment on the indefinable quality one senses upon entering the school. Known around Fairfax County to be a "small school with a BIG heart," we still retain that special feeling of family and community even while growing.
Fairfax Villa Elementary opened its doors for the first time in September 1965, a total renovation was completed in 1994, and a new kindergarten/ first grade wing was added in 2013. The large athletic field, picnic areas, and beautiful courtyards are enjoyed by students, staff members, and community members.
Functioning as a collaborative community, staff members are child-focused. Students are taught as individuals, and staff members work as a team to help all children reach their limitless potential.
Special programs have long been a key element at Fairfax Villa Elementary. Students with special needs are integrated instructionally and socially and are a part of the fabric of the school community. At Fairfax Villa Elementary, the focus is on student outcomes in the core academic areas with enhancement by teaching specialists who help develop the whole child.
Opportunities for extracurricular activities and enrichment exist for every child through such programs as the Student Council Association, safety patrol program, chorus, band, strings, TV6 news team, reading buddies, yearbook committee, and the sixth grade performance.
Dragons Dare to be safe, be respectful, and be responsible! This is part of the Fairfax Villa Elementary Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports program. Each quarter, students are recognized for their achievement in citizenship.
Parents are encouraged to participate collaboratively with staff to meet the needs of all students in our school. The PTA provides parents with opportunities to become active in the school community and sponsors many family activities.
- We foster positive relationships by building meaningful connections.
- We teach and model respectful behaviors to encourage a collaborative and caring culture where students thrive.
- We celebrate inclusiveness to create a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
- We cultivate a growth mindset and love of learning to help one another reach our maximum potential.
The Fairfax Villa community will collaboratively empower students to respectfully engage in meaningful learning experiences in a nurturing and inclusive environment.
Last Updated: 2019-03-11
- Collaborative and resilient individuals who
- Achieve their full potential while showing
- Respect and kindness to all and are
- Engaged problem-solvers in a
- Safe, diverse, and inclusive environment.