Andrew Blount[email protected]
Greenbriar West Elementary School is located in the Chantilly area of Fairfax County. The school serves a close-knit community where staff and parents work together to educate students in a diversity of programs. English language learners, services for students with disabilities, and an Advanced Academic Center give Greenbriar West the unique opportunity to respect differences and support an environment where there is "pride in school and pride in performance."
The Greenbriar West renovation (completed in 2006) provided many welcome improvements including an expanded classroom floorplan, new media center, music stage and whole building facelift. State-of-the-art technology allows students to expand and enrich learning experiences through telecommunications. This includes a television broadcasting studio, Smartboards, presentation systems and networked computers in every classroom, mobile labs, and a specialized computer lab.
As a Professional Learning Community, we work collaboratively with staff, families and community to educate students using best instructional practices in a safe, nurturing, and inclusive learning environment. Together, we set clear and high expectations, promote responsible citizenship and ethical behavior, respect diversity, and motivate our students to develop their unique potential.
At Greenbriar West, we:
- Provide world class education that meets or exceeds Fairfax County POS and Virginia SOL objectives.
- Provide instruction, including intervention support and enrichment opportunities, appropriate to the individual needs of our students.
- Support each student by differentiating instruction and utilizing special programs to meet individual needs and learning styles.
- Continue to integrate technology throughout the curriculum to enhance student learning.
- Encourage involvement of families and community members, for they provide invaluable support as we strive to meet the needs of our increasingly diverse student population.
- Strengthen teacher collaboration and student learning success through the sustained efforts of collaborative learning teams.
- Use the Responsive Classroom approach to support academic and social learning and model behavior that encourages students to become responsible learners and respectful citizens.
Greenbriar West recognizes that all children are unique individuals and active members of our diverse learning community. Learning occurs best when a challenging instructional environment is supported by effective teaching, responsible students and an active partnership with the community. We believe:
Last Updated: 2019-02-01
- All students can learn and are capable of reaching their unique potential.
- Setting and modeling clear and high expectations to enable all students achieve success.
- Individual needs are recognized and met through differentiation and best practice instructional strategies in a safe and caring learning environment.
- Through interactive modeling and practice, students can learn to be kind, cooperative, responsible and respectful citizens.
- Technology plays an integral part in preparing children in the 21st century.
- The partnership between family, community and school is essential to our success.
- Students must master not only core academic skills but essential life skills to lay the foundation for a successful future as a life-long learner.