Maggie Grove[email protected]
Wolftrap Elementary School has served children in the Vienna community since 1968. The school has strong traditions and prides itself on offering children a safe, nurturing, and challenging learning environment. Staff members engage in meaningful professional development to incorporate research-based instructional practices to support student learning and 21st-century skills.
At Wolftrap, our mission is to cultivate a safe and welcoming environment that nurtures every learner. To support our vision, we will:
- learn about and celebrate ideas of equity and diversity in all students and elevate their voices.
- create a collaborative learning community that inspires empathy and acceptance.
- encourage risk-taking and innovation, and cultivate students’ persistence in academic pursuits.
- create opportunities for students, using Portrait of a Graduate skills, to engage in authentic learning that will equip them to face challenges with resilience.
- reinforce that accountability builds a culture of respect; be accountable for actions and strive to grow as a Wolftrap community member.
Parent volunteers support the instructional program in a variety of ways, ranging from helping teachers in the classrooms to coordinating school-wide events. Parents help enrich our strong academic focus with programs such as AIM Art classes, cultural arts events, STEAM Lab volunteers, and by coordinating a large before and after-school program.
Staff members at Wolftrap work closely with one another and with parents to ensure that students are receiving appropriate educational experiences. Students are challenged to go beyond the acquisition of information to the creation of new ideas and application of knowledge.
Last Updated: 2023-08-28